Terms and Conditions
§1 Scope of Application
(1) The following general terms and conditions are valid for all business connections between us and our customers. (2) For the purposes of these General Terms & Conditions, “consumers” are deemed to be any natural person who enters into business relations with ISTEK, Nina Kasten (referred to in the following as "ISTEK“) for a purpose that can be ascribed to neither his commercial nor his self-employed activity (§ 13 BGB (German Civil Code)
§2 Offers, conclusion of agreement
(1) Upon agreement on a contract the most recent version of our general conditions is to be applied, to be found on our homepage (www.vintage-teppiche.de und www.istek-kilims.com).
(2) The sales agreement is made with: ISTEK Kilims, Nina Kasten, Wiesengrund 6, 31008 Elze, Germany
(3) The product representations on this website do not indicate legally binding offers. Purchase or production offers remain subject to confirmation. ISTEK reserves the right in case of prior sales and / or errors. The order of a product via the provided form will activate the Sales Agreement and will be confirmed by an email from ISTEK. §3 Prices, Payment and Shipping (1) All prices are included VAT (19% MwSt. in Germany) The shipment costs (packaging and carriage) shall be added to the total price for the order. They depend on weight and destination and are specified as follow: Germany 11,90 EUR, EU-Countries 22,00 EUR, USA 68 EUR up to a weight of 15kg. The customer has the possibility to either pay with PayPal or in advance (bank transfer), If this option is chosen payment has to be made within 5 business days The customer is responsible for the proper payment of the necessary duties and other charges if importing into a Non-EU-country.
§4 Condition of Goods
(1)Since our products consist of unique, hand-made pieces in various age ranges it is possible that slight deviations from the displayed images may occur. Therefore, we consider irregularities in colour, form, texture and size not as a defect but as a characteristic of quality. Signs of use (ex; reparations, slight soiling, irregular colour gradient) in our textiles are owing to old age or design (eg. Vintage-Rugs). They do not warrant complaints. Furthermore, the information about age and the origin of the products are estimations based on the clarations of experts and are provided without guarantee.
(1) Unless otherwise stated in the product description all items will be delivered within 3-4 weeks. Sofern dies in der Produktbeschreibung nicht deutlich anders angegeben ist, sind alle angebotenen Artikel innerhalb von 3-4 Wochen versandfertig. (2) The delivery period is extended accordingly - without specific notification by us - if and to the extent that the customer has selected the "pre-payment" option but has not effected any payment.
§6 Reservation of proprietary rights
ISTEK reserves the title in the goods until full payment. If the purchaser is in arrears with a due payment the seller shall cancel the contract without any notification which he has not yet performed
(1) Right of Return: As a private customer that may not be attributed to a commerical or independent professional activity as defined in § 13 BGB you can return your purchase within two weeks without giving information about the reasons through return shipment of the goods. The stated period begins on receipt of this notice in written form (e.g. email, letter). However, the stated period does not begin before receipt of the goods by the recipient; it does not begin either before we have fulfilled our duty of information under Art 246 § 2 in connection with § 1 Para 1 and 2 EGBGB as well as our obligations under §312g Para 1 S. 1 BGB in connection with Art 246 § 3EGBGB. Only when the goods cannot be dispatched as a parcel (e.g. bulky goods) can they returned by a demand for collection in extual form. The timely dispatch of the goods or the demand for collection suffices to comply with the time of period. .Any possible request for return must be addressed in writing to ISTEK Kilims, Nina Kasten, Wiesengrund 6, D-31008 Elze, Germany (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).The right to return merchandise does not apply to merchandise that is manufactured according to the customer's specifications. (Eg. Custom-Made Patchwork Rugs) Consequences of Returning Goods In the event of an effective return of goods the mutually provided services or products shall be returned and any benefits surrendered.Where there is a deterioration of the goods (e.g. through use), which can then only be returned in a deteriorated condition you are obliged to pay compensation in this respect.For the deterioration of the goods and for obtained benefits compensation has to be paid only insofar as the use or the deterioration is caused by handling of the goods in excess of functional tests or testing the features."Functional test or testing the features" means testing and trying the goods in the same way as is possible and usual in a shop. Any obligation to refund payments must be fulfilled within 30 days.For you the period begins with the dispatch of the goods or the demand of return. For us the period begins with the receipt of the goods. Generelly returning the goods shall take place at our expense and at our risk. For returns from abroad please refer to German law (Art. 6 of the Fernabsatz-Richtlinie): The direct returns costs from abroad are paid for by the purchaser. End of return notice
§8 Contractual language
(1) The prevailing language for the business relationship with the Customer is German.
Last updated: 5/2013